3.08.2009

Today's Project

I work at a child development center with infants and toddlers. One of the room's I oversee is embarking on an animal curriculum. I was inspired to bring in something new for them, so I went to the craft store and bought some felt (eco-fi, made from recycled plastic bottles) and played around for a bit. These masks are what I came up with... The designs are simple, to keep with the school's philosophy. Our learning materials are to be open-ended to promote each child's ability to create and imagine. There are no eye holes yet, because I'm not quite sure where to put them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Master Crafter,
Teach me your ways oh wise one.
jac

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I deleted my first post because there was misspelling...nothing more :) I just wanted to tell you that these masks are amazing! Any child who gets to wear, play, learn or discover with them is blessed!