4.19.2008

As Seen On Mt. Tabor

-A girl, age 6 or 7, running behind her father. She is steering him like a horse with a jump rope she has fastened around his waist. The father trots, gallops, and turns as she directs him.

-A girl, in middle school or high school, wearing all black. In her hand is a walking stick that she absentmindedly pokes at the ground as she walks up the path. She peers over her shoulder at me and gives me a look that says, "I know who I am and why I am here, but I don't understand your presence in my journey."

-Later, I see the Girl in Black, cradling the walking stick in her arms. She picks at the bark and grooms the stick.

-13 dogs, 12 big and 1 small.

-A thousand small white flowers emerging among the million blades of grass.

1 comment:

dbj said...

I love this! You should turn this into a poem.